The Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa is for elite sportspeople and coaches whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level in the UK. Applicants must be internationally established at the highest level of their particular sport. The Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa is for foreign sportspeople intending to stay in the UK in the longer term. If you are intending to stay for less than a year, a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting) visa may be more appropriate
Summary of Employer Requirements
- Register with the UK Border Agency and obtain a Sponsorship License
- Obtain an endorsement for the applicant from the relevant sport’s governing body (see below)
- Issue a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship to the Intra Company Transferee.
Endorsement of the Applicant by the Sport’s Governing Body
- The player or coach is internationally established at the highest level
- The player or coach will make a significant contribution to the development of his or her sport at the highest level in the UK
- The post could not be filled by a suitable settled worker. A settled worker is either a UK national, a national of the European Economic Area or someone who is legally settled in the UK with permission to work.
Summary of Applicant Requirements
Extension Applications for a Tier 2 Visa for Sports People